Monday, February 06, 2006

Doom and Gloomday Reborn: Doom and Gloomday's Revenge 2: The Sequel

It recently dawned on me while answering a question regarding Tyler's bit of ego stroking below, that my friends are lazy, forgetful, so-and-sos. After recalling that I had had this revelation a few weeks back, I decided to revive everyone's favourite day that Kevin had so thoughtfully left in the dust about a month or so ago! Yep, it's Doom and Gloom Monday!

In keeping with the tradition of reporting causes of cancer, I thought I'd try something slightly different from the tradition, but not enough so that I couldn't make people think it was a part of it anyway. This fine D&Gday, I'm happy to report that, not content with simply inducing seizures anymore, Pokemon now cause cancer. Above, I have a picture of an enlarged cell of this new threat to mankind. Notice the distinct Pokemon-shaped markings. In addition, there are various diagrams depicted, including a Pokemon parasite and a small, winged, disease-spreading poke-insect. Beware...be very ware....

No, you didn't hear me quite right. Apparently there exists a cancer-inducing gene named the POK erythroid myeloid ontogenic gene, that, until a plethora of headlines, and Nintendo's lawsuit, was called the POKEMON gene by scientists, but that's just not as fun to report.

Incidentally, I receive untold quantities of bonus points for my spelling of "favorite" above.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tyler said...

Silly Eric! Since when do you dole bonus points? All points, from "asian" to "zany" fall under my express dominion. It's in the contract somewhere; I'll show it to you at the next staff meeting.

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home