Saturday, February 25, 2006

These Guyz Are So Cool, They Replace S's With Z's

So I was listening to an acquaintance of mine recount how last night he won the "Whitest Dancer" award at some manner of a modern dance contest. He introduced me to this.

Watermelon, Chicken, and Gritz. With a Z, because Z's are clearly superior to S's. It is a rap album from a group based in - get this - Kentucky. Yes, Kentucky. Now don't get me wrong: I despise rap and couldn't care less, but I still think it's (or should I say, it'z?) quite amusing.

I didn't hear much of it, but I'm sure it'z going to get far with such classicz as Aw Naw, Ho Down, and my personal favorite, Ballin' on a Budget. It'z got phat pimpin' beatz, souf style.

Check out these here lyricz:
My yegga, we hogwild, bet that from that roota to that toota-file
Hell naw, them country boys ain't headed south for six miles
Kentucky mud, them kinfolk, twankies with them hundred-spokes
And aw-aw-aw-aw!
Oh snap. Now, I'll concede that that "regular" rap isn't any less inane, but this has endless novelty value. This is like Britney Spears singing opera, or Mr. T working as a marriage counselor. Maybe they compete with the 13-year-old white supremacist girls.

I'm going to sleep now. Wake me when Chuck Norris stars in a romantic comedy.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you get the picture of the week? I saw that on Sponit awhile ago. It's funny.

1:20 AM  
Blogger Kevin said...

Your head will instantly vaporize if I tell you. Instantly.

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home